social media

i have my reasons why i´m NOT at facebook or twitter. and if you pin my work on pinterest, please make sure to link it back to me by taking the button on my side: that will bring you to my board with all my art-links. thanks for respecting that.

i consider my blog to be my "artistic diary" - so i can recap what i made and which influences i got (exhibitions etc).

currently i try to publish frequently once in a week (tuesdays mostly)

People with a Google+ account: please leave a direct blog link, otherwise i can´t visit you.



Tuesday, October 11, 2016

free embroidery & the pergamon museum in berlin

my second circle with free embroidery on woven fabric is finished meanwhile...
 


 
now i have two of them and no final idea what i will use them for...
actually they are pinned on my "work in Progress" sheet...

 
i spent the last days (rainy and dreary, with Little bits of sun rays in between) finishing my photo book of my Berlin week in August (time flies!!)
 
 
the mugs Show the former-east-german traffic lights´ figures
(they became sort of cult after the fall of the wall)
 
the next Pictures are directly taken from my photo book
(i do prepare my pages in photoshop and load them as "full size Pictures" into the "online designer", which means i´m more free in creating my layouts)
 
i have been in the Pergamon Museum about 30 years ago, when it was in the east part of Berlin - and always remembered how impressed i was especially by the ishtar gate (dt/ engl)
so i had to see it again:
 




 
but more assyrian treasures are displayed in this Museum:
 




 
it also Hosts the Museum of islamic art:

 
and Roman architecture of the first centuries AD

 
i really love to investigate lots of additional informations,
so making my photo books takes quite some time.
but this one i should hold in my Hands next week.

20 comments:

  1. I would definitely visit that museum again if I went to Berlin, lovely to see some of the exhibits. Happy T Day. Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Die bestickten Patchworkteile sind gigantisch...WOW.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Johanna, dein Fotobuch wird ja ein wahrer Kunstführer... auf jeden Fall musst du das in den Harz mitbringen! Das blaue Tor mit den glasierten Fliesen ist sowas von schön, wie schön, dass du diese wunderbaren Bildausschnitte zeigst. Oh, dieses schöne Pferd!!!!
    Klasse sind ja auch die Ampel-Figuren-Becher...
    Aber deine Stickereien wirklich toll - die runden Formen auf dem Karo-Untergrund wirken echt super, irgendwie ägyptisch... logisch, denn deine Inspiration durch den Museumsbesuch war ja noch frisch.
    Lieben Gruß von Ulrike

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tolle Exponate zeigst Du und die Stickereien sind enorm komplex - klasse!
    Happy T-Day Johanna!
    Liebe Grüße
    Susi

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think those mugs are perfect for T day. And how do you sew such perfect circles? That museum looks like it has some fantastic artifacts. Wow- those gates and all the carvings are magnificent. Happy T day. Erika

    ReplyDelete
  6. I very much like your abstract textiles, abstract can be difficult to make interesting in stitching but you have cracked it. I suppose everything does not have to be done for a purpose, but can be done for fun and relaxation.
    Your photos of the Museum art are fascinating, the horses and the strange creatures, I could enjoy so much inspiration here, for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your circle embroideries and I know you will come up with something creative to do with them :) Great photos from the museum. I have informed my husband we will be going to our local museums this winter :) He drags his feet with the going but always enjoys himself when he gets there.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Brilliant museum pieces you shared.
    The daisy mosaic WOW along with all of it!
    Those mugs are really special in their simplicity. Lovely embroidery too Johanna. Happy T Day oxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful embroidery pieces, they will be lovely however you choose to use them. The museum photos were awesome, a wonderful place for a visit.
    Happy T Day
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. The museum and Ishtar gate are spectacular - I love the rich colours and designs, they are stunning! Your embroidery is wonderful the blue one reminds me of the gate - gorgeous! Wishing you a Happy T Day! J :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. looks like such a wonderful exhibit of a variety of sculptural art. Love your fabric pieces-the circles and stitching have such a nice flow. Happy T day!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I fell in love with your stitching. When you showed the entire piece, it looked like an eye was staring at me. It's beautiful.

    I was super impressed with your photos and book you created of the Pergamon Museum in Berlin. The arch was incredible. I enjoyed reading about how they reconstructed it, too, so thanks for the link. Well worth the trip alone, much less the rest of the museum.

    LOVED the mugs. Ironically, I saw a piece of the Berlin wall a few weeks ago at a museum, too. But I have never seen or even heard of those mugs before. Cult classics are wonderful and a set of them makes them even more special.

    Thanks for taking us with you to the Pergamon Museum through your new book, sharing your hand work, and those adorable mugs with us for T this Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  13. You free flow embroidery is just beautiful, like Linda said such a nice flow to it.

    Fun photos of the museum. Makes me wonder what this era has to leave that will last as long as this art has.

    Happy T-day

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your stitch work is amazing!
    Happy T day!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love your stitching . What talent AND patience! Thank you for all the museum photos. Felt like i was there!! Happy happy Tday! Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love the flowing designs of your free embroidery. The ishtar gate is beyond beautiful. I'm going to look it up. It looks like frescoe painting. The mugs are an interesting historical reminder. I remember watching the news coverage of the fall of the Berlin Wall. It was so unbelievable.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your embroidery is beautiful! I love both of them. I think they belong together, whatever you will do with them in future.
    The Ishtar gate is stunning. Thanks for the link. I visited Irak and Bagdad in the early 70s and was disappointed that there wasn't much to see. Now I know I should have gone to Berlin. I will put Berlin on my bucket list! What a beautiful museum. Your photo book is going to be so interesting to see, with all those lovely things in it.
    The mugs are fun. I didn't know they were the traffic signs from the east.
    Happy T-Day,
    Have a good week,
    Blessings,
    Lisca

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow ! What great exhibits! Love the Ishtar gate! Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  19. The embroidery is fantastic! Museum is pretty great too. xox

    ReplyDelete
  20. I've thoroughly enjoyed my visit to your blog today. Your free embroidery circles look stunning, Joanna, and thank you so much for sharing your pictures of the Ishtar gate. It looks magnificent. Berlin is on my list of places to visit one day ...

    ReplyDelete

thank you so much for leaving a comment -
i really appreciate taking your time!

vielen dank, dass du dir zeit für einen kommentar nimmst! ich freue mich sehr darüber