social media

i have my reasons why i´m NOT at facebook or twitter. and if you pin my work on pinterest, please make sure to link it back to me by taking the button on my side: that will bring you to my board with all my art-links. thanks for respecting that.

i consider my blog to be my "artistic diary" - so i can recap what i made and which influences i got (exhibitions etc).

currently i try to publish frequently once in a week (mondays/tuesdays mostly)

People with a Google+ account: please leave a direct blog link, otherwise i can´t visit you.




Saturday, February 18, 2017

such a mournful week

 
i lost one of my very best friends on thursday.
she suffered from a malign lymphoma and we knew for quite some time she would pass away, though we hoped until a few days before her death. in the end death came as a release for her.
she died peacefully with her Family around.
but i feel very sad and completely exhausted.
 
i knew her for over 33 years.
1985/86 i was on backpack trips in egypt with her.
we had our children (and time-off-work) at the same time, spent Family travels together when the kids were little.
the last six years she was part of our 4-women-friendship Group, which made a City trip every year (Prag, Stockholm, Amsterdam, Edinburgh, Dresden, Kopenhagen).
 
she was only Age 54 (but was diagnosed about 10 years before - with quite some ups and downs, chemo etc).
the last years she always became angry if People would complain about getting older.
her credo was: be grateful for each year you have!
 
but it is so hard for the ones who are left back here.
 
(comment function not enabled for this post)