social media

i have my reasons why i´m NOT at facebook or twitter. and if you pin my work on pinterest, please make sure to link it back to me by taking the button on my side: that will bring you to my board with all my art-links. thanks for respecting that.

i consider my blog to be my "artistic diary" - so i can recap what i made and which influences i got (exhibitions etc).

currently i try to publish frequently once in a week (mondays/tuesdays mostly)

People with a Google+ account: please leave a direct blog link, otherwise i can´t visit you.




Monday, June 19, 2017

gustav vigeland

let´s first enjoy a cuppuccino with a skoleboller (vanilla-pudding-filled yeast pastry, decorated with desiccated coconut). i must try out to make this norwegian specialty myself soon.
zur begrüßung ein Cappuccino mit einem skoleboller (hefegebäck mit vanillepudding und Kokosraspeln). muss diese norwegische spezialität unbedingt demnächst mal selber machen. Rezept hab ich schon gefunden;)
 
 
a short view on my recent sewing activities... actually i had put this (started in winter) aside and was not sure if to grow it further... but meanwhile i think it will definitely become a blanket, one day...
 
ein kurzer blick auf das, was "nebenbei" sonst so passiert... zwischendurch hatte ich überlegt, ob ich das (gestartet im winter) überhaupt zu einem größeren stück wachsen lassen sollte... aber hab mich jetzt doch entschieden, dass es wohl nach und nach eine decke werden wird...
 


~~~~~~~~~~~
 
but now i´m going to show you one of oslo´s most touristic sights,
 
aber nun  zeige ich euch eine von Oslos berühmtesten Sehenswürdigkeiten.
 
the vigeland-installation is world´s biggest park created by only one Artist, the norwegian sculptor Gustav vigeland (1869 – 1943).
i´m showing the pages i will put into my photo-book, which give a short summary of his work of 212 statues in the park (granite and bronze).
Vigeland´s big theme was the "circle of life" from the cradle to the grave, and obsessively working he actually coped with the Traumata of his childhood: his father was a strong Pietist, beating the children in his alcoholic and tyrannic attacks - showing his contempt of women, thinking they were evil.
Vigeland thus often Shows women with an empty gaze, children which are not so happy etc...
in his naturalistic style he was influenced by rodin.
  (you can find lots of Information about him and his work in the Internet.) 
 
die Vigeland-Anlage ist der welt größter park, der nur von einem einzigen Künstler gestaltet wurde, dem norwegischen Bildhauer Gustav Vigeland (1869 - 1943).
ich zeige hier einfach die seiten, die ich für mein Fotobuch vorbereitet habe, mit einer kurzen Zusammenfassung seiner 212 skulpturen-Installation (aus Granit und bronze).
Vigelands großes Thema war der Kreislauf des lebens von der wiege bis zum grab, und durch seine wirklich obsessive Schaffenskraft bewältigte er seine Kindheitstraumata: sein Vater war streng pietistisch, schlug ihn in seinen alkoholisierten und tyrannischen Anfällen - und Frauen behandelte er mit Verachtung, sie waren für ihn das böse.
deshalb zeigt Vigeland oft auch Frauen mit leerem Blick in die Ferne, Kinder, die nicht glücklich erscheinen etc...
in seinem naturalistischen stil war er von rodin beeinflusst.
(bei näherem Interesse gibt es viel info über ihn im Internet zu finden.)
 
 
at the starting Point there are four columns with lizards/demons fighting with People.
am beginn des Parks stehen vier Säulen mit Echsen/Dämonen, die über menschen herfallen.

 
along a broad Bridge bronze figures depicting childhood and youth.
entlang einer breiten brücke Bronzefiguren mit kindheits-/Jugenddarstellungen.

 
the fountain with Reliefs at the bottom...
Der Brunnen mit Reliefs am Boden...

 
and People in trees, again showing the phases of life.
und menschen in bäumen, wieder in allen lebensphasen.



 
for the Monolith (ca 17 m high) with its 121 People Vigeland worked for 14 years (he had 3 helpers carving the granite according to his models).
Am Monolithen (ca 17 m hoch) mit seinen 121 ineinander verschlungenen menschenleibern arbeitete Vigeland 14 Jahre lang (er hatte 3 Steinmetze, die ihm halfen, nach seinen Modellen zu arbeiten).

 
small Groups of People along the stairs to the Monolith Plateau.
kleine menschengruppen finden sich entlang der stufen zum Monolithen-Plateau.



 
the wrought iron gates are also made by Vigeland.
auch die schmiedeeisernen tore stammen von vigeland.


 
the most famous sculpture in the park is the "angry Boy": so fun for me as i have a photo of my younger son in this exact pose, stamping his Foot in defiance.
i sent the photo to him and his instant returning question was: "me as a child?". haha, he remembers...
 
die berühmteste statue im park ist die vom "kleinen Trotzkopf": so witzig für mich, weil ich von meinem jüngeren sohn ein Foto in genau dieser pose habe.
ich schickte ihm das Foto per Smartphone und prompt kam die Reaktion: "ich als Kind?" haha, er erinnert sich auch...

20 comments:

  1. haha that is funny about the statue and your son--I am loving your blanket project-and I enjoyed all the photos of the sculptures-thanks so much for sharing I love these kinds of blogs as I know I will probably not travel outside of the usa
    Happy T Day
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful photos, I enjoyed reading the notes you added . It must have been a super destination to see these sculptures together.
    Your sewing projects will make a great blanket.
    I think your cake looked delicious, I would have been tempted to one of those.
    Happy T day.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really enjoyed seeing how far the "blanket" has progressed. By winter, it should be ready to place on your bed (grin).

    Those statues are incredible. I was in awe, and so amazed at how Vigeland portrayed the human form. He didn't believe in clothes, did he?

    The coconut encrusted vanilla pudding pastry looks great, but I'm not a big fan of coconut. Leave that off and I'll eat several of them, I'm sure.

    Thanks for sharing Gustav Vigeland's sculptures, your stitching, and your lovely pastry and cappuccino with us for T this Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Johanna, your Norwegian-style skoleboller looks delicious. I wish I could find those in Mexico. If you try them successfully, I hope you'll share the recipe ;-)

    Your numbers quilt would make a fabulous blanket. It looks like it's already about a meter square, so you're well on your way!

    The Vigeland Installation is an incredible body of work. Gustav Vigeland must have been quite a man to create such pieces from his own tragedy. Thank you for sharing your photos and for the Wikipedia link. I love the statue that reminds you of your son. It reminds me of mine too at that age - lol.

    Happy T-Day! Hugs, Eileen

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your cappuccino and skoleboller look delicious! Your sewing looks fabulous and will make a lovely blanket one day! Loved seeing the Vigeland statues - 212 statues is a lot ! Happy T day! Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh my that pastry looks SO good-and coconut-yes!
    Very interesting history about the Oslo art and amazing sculptures.Had to laugh about the one resembling your son's photo:)
    Lovely looking blanket which will be such a welcome in the cooler months. Happy T day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, an amazing amount of work by one artist (vigilant). But also wow to your patchwork with the circles, and numbers, and squares. Scrumptious looking pastry.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't know if it was me or the computer that changed my spelling of Vigeland.

    ReplyDelete
  9. First of all, that is going to be a cool quilt. I love the numbers you used on it. Secondly, I want one of those pastries, now, perfect for a little after dinner sweet. And what a cool statue garden. That sculptures are amazing. I'm glad you shared. Happy T day-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my, I would happily eat that delicious looking skoleboller - yummy! I remember when you stamped the pieces for this blanket, it's lovely colours remind me of our red, white and blue flag 😀. I would have been in heaven looking at all those beautiful sculptures and the way they have weathered over time is beautiful too! I loved your story about the angry boy and it made me smile that your son remembered ... thanks for sharing the memories 😁. Happy T Day! J 😊

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ein wundervoller Park und was für eine herrlich Mehlspeis!
    Deine Decke wird ein Hit - gut dass Du das Projekt weiter verfolgst!
    Jo..die wissen genau, was sie uns antun unsere lieben Kinderchen...
    meine Tochter sagt jetzt oft:
    """Du weisst ich will!"""
    Wenn ich ihr was abschlagen will... das waren ihre allerersten Einsprüche als Kleinkind, wenn ich ihr was nicht geben wollte!
    Sei ganz lieb gegrüßt von
    Susi

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, that skoleboller looks delicious. I have never Heard of it (But then, I've never been to Norway).
    The Vigeland sculptures are very famous and they are beautiful. I like the style. But I didn't know about Vigeland's childhood. That explains a lot.
    The angry boy is so typical of an angry toddler. I think most of us have memories of our children in that pose....
    You 'blanket' is beautiful. Keep it growing!
    Thaks for sharing,
    Lisca

    ReplyDelete
  13. That pastry treat looks like a winner :)

    I love the park, all the sculpture is striking, and the focus on one artist makes it particularly interesting. Thx for the photos. I'd never heard of this :)

    Happy T Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Another fly by comment from me i'm afraid... busy busy busy... LOVED seeing all the statues though and i hope to see a finished blanket when you done.. its lovely. Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete
  15. Stunning monumental sculptures! Beautiful...happy T day!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Stunning monumental sculptures! Beautiful...happy T day!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh, du bist mit deinem Post ja einen Tag früher als sonst...aber gestern habe ich noch einen Tag Blogpause gemacht.
    Der Nummernquilt ist ja schon mächtig groß geworden und wirkt durch seine Farben richtig maritim frisch!
    Dieser Bildhauer hat ja wirklich ein beachtlich großes Gesamtwerk geschaffen, aber ich weiß gar nicht, ob ich den gesamten Park geschafft hätte... Beim Betrachten seiner Skulpturen beschleicht mich sofort ein unangenehmes Gefühl, ich glaub, ich mag ihn nicht. Und du?
    Liebe Grüße von Ulrike

    ReplyDelete
  18. Mhm, lecker, so ein Puddingklöpschen könnte ich jetzt glatt zu meinem geeisten Kaffee vertilgen. Dein blau-weiß-rotes Quilttop gefällt mir sehr gut. Es hat einen maritimen Look und die vielen Zahlen sind ganz mein Ding.
    Der Skulpturenpark ist sehr beeindruckend.
    Ich wünsche Dir einen schönen Abend, liebe Johanna.
    Herzliche Grüße
    Julia

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hallo Johanna, deine Decke wird bestimmt mal ein Prachtstück. Sieht jetzt schon klasse aus.
    Tolle Fotos, was für Skulpturen. Ich wünsche dir ein schönes Wochenende.
    LG Carola

    ReplyDelete
  20. I like your coffee and cake, and of course I like your patchwork as it is very unusual with the design, restricted colours and the numbers.
    I was not awfully keen on the sculptures, they look as if they came from a not very happy person. I am astonished that he made so many and such large sculptures. I wonder if he enjoyed designing them and making them.

    ReplyDelete

thank you so much for leaving a comment -
i really appreciate taking your time!

vielen dank, dass du dir zeit für einen kommentar nimmst! ich freue mich sehr darüber